About the ACM India Early Career Researcher Award
The ACM India Early Career Researcher (ECR) Award recognizes individuals in early stages of their careers, who have made fundamental, innovative, and impactful contributions to the computing field while primarily working in India. The award carries a prize of ₹15 lakhs (approximately USD $20,000). Financial support for this award is provided by Persistent Foundation.
Nominations were due 14 September 2020. The winner was announced 21 December 2020.
- Vipin Kumar, Regents Professor and William Norris Endowed Chair, University of Minnesota
- Venkat Padmanabhan, Deputy Managing Director, Microsoft Research India
- Jaikumar Radhakrishnan, Senior Professor, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai
- Sunita Sarawagi, Institute Chair Professor, IIT Bombay
- S. Sudarshan (Chair), Subrao M. Nilekani Chair Professor, IIT Bombay
- Moshe Vardi, University Professor, Karen Ostrum George Distinguished Service Professor, Rice University
- Gerhard Weikum, Scientific Director, Max Planck Institute for Informatics, Saarbruecken, Germany