ACM India Eminent Speaker Program
The ACM India Eminent Speaker Program (ESP) provides local ACM Professional and Student chapters in India with direct access to top technology leaders and innovators who will give talks on issues that are important to the computing community.
- Aditya Abhyankar, Dean, University of Pune
Talk 1: Research—Why, How and When?
Talk 2: Towards Kernel Development in Machine Learning
Talk 3: Wavelets—Trends and Tides
- Suparna Bhattacharya, Distinguished Technologist, Hewlett-Packard Enterprise
Talk 1: Bridging Lilliput and Brobdingnag—How the Linux kernel has sustained diversity without giving up on efficiency
Talk 2: Software Bloat, Lost Throughput and Wasted Joules
Talk 3: Shaping software for the persistent memory era and other research problems at the NVM frontline
Talk 4: Big data analytics: When will system software catch up?
- Sridhar Chimalakonda, Assistant Professor, IIT Tirupati
Talk 1: What Is Software Engineering Anyway? Reflections on 50 Years of Software Engineering and the Road Ahead!
Talk 2: The Lasting Contributions of Computing—Past, Present and Future
Talk 3: On Computing Education for 1.3 Billion Learners—Quality, Scale and Variety
- Monish Darda, Co-founder and Chief Technology Officer, Icertis
Talk 1: The Ethics of AI: Musk versus Bezos
- Ajay Deshpande, Vice President, Engineering, Zimbra Technologies Pvt Ltd (A Synacor Company)
Talk 1: SMAC Technologies and the Future
Talk 2: The Evolution of Modern Web Applications
- Navin Kabra, CTO, ReliScore.com
Talk 1: Which Programming Language Should You Learn and Why
Talk 2: MS, MBA, or Job: Planning Your Career
Talk 3: The Difference between Student Programmers and Professional Programmers
- Neeran M. Karnik, Independent Consultant
Talk 1: Hints for Computer System Design
Talk 2: CricInfo—A Tech History
- Vivek Kulkarni, Delivery Head and Chief Architect, Persistent Systems Ltd.
Talk 1: Theory of Computation
Talk 2: Compiler Construction
- Ponnurangam Kumaraguru ("PK"), Assistant Professor, IIIT Delhi
Talk 1: Privacy and Security in Online Social Media (PSOSM)
Talk 2: Designing Human-Centered Systems
- Sachin Lodha, Principal Scientist, TCS
Talk 1: Fun with Algorithms
Talk 2: Privacy—Challenges and Opportunities
- Madhavan Mukund, Professor and Dean of Studies, Chennai Mathematical Institute
Talk 1: Automata and Program Verification
Talk 2: Concurrent Programming: Old Problems, New Challenges
- R. Ramanujam, Professor, Institute of Mathematical Sciences, Chennai
Talk 1: Why should we learn logic, and why should we learn logic?
Talk 2: Game theory for the internet age
Talk 3: Does she know that I know that she does not know P?
- Y. Raghu Babu Reddy, Associate Professor, IIIT Hyderabad
Talk 1: Are You a Software Engineer? Or Is It Just Your Designation?
Talk 2: Model Driven Development with UML 2.x: Challenges and Opportunities
Talk 3: Success Factors for Websites: Usability and Credibility
- Kaarthik Sivakumar, Principal Engineer, Cisco
Talk 1: Security and Trust
- R. Venkateswaran, Senior Vice President, Persistent Systems Ltd., Pune
Talk 1: Evolution of Internet: The Past, Present and Future
- Abhijat Vichare, Consultant
Talk 1: An Introduction to GCC Internals
Talk 2: Alternate Models of Computation
Talk 3: A Novel Way to Teach Operating Systems
Talk 4: Mathematical Modeling in Computer Science
- Meena Mahajan, Professor, Institute of Mathematical Sciences, HBNI, Chennai
Talk 1: Compute, Compute, Compute—How Hard Can It Get?
Talk 2: Matchings in Graphs: What, Why, How ...
Talk 3: Depth-2 Threshold Circuits
Talk 4: The Power of Negations in Boolean Circuits