ACM India Council Awards
ACM India Council Institutes Three Prestigious Awards
In order to recognize outstanding technical and professional contributions to the field of computing from India, the ACM India Council is instituting three prestigious annual awards starting in 2020:
- ACM India Early Career Researcher (ECR) Award: The ECR award will be presented to individuals in early stages of their careers, who have made outstanding contributions to Computing while primarily working in India. The award will carry a prize of ₹15 lakhs (approximately USD $20,000). This award is sponsored by Persistent Foundation.
- ACM India Outstanding Contributions in Computing by a Woman (OCCW) Award: The OCCW award will be presented to women professionals who have made outstanding contributions to the computing field and to empowerment of women in computing while primarily working in India. The award will carry a prize of ₹7 Lakhs (approximately USD $10,000) and is sponsored by Google.
- ACM India Outstanding Contribution to Computing Education (OCCE) Award: The OCCE award will be presented to individuals who have made outstanding contributions to the computing education field primarily working in India. The award will carry a prize of ₹7 lakhs (approximately USD $10,000). The financial support for this award is provided by Microsoft Research India.
An eminent international jury for each award will select the winner. The details of the awards such as timelines, eligibility, evaluation criteria and nomination process can be accessed via the links to the respective award sites. While the online nomination forms will soon be up on the sites, it is time to start thinking about nominating the deserving candidates for these coveted awards.
The ACM India Best Doctoral Dissertation Award was established in 2011 by ACM India with approval from the ACM Awards Committee. This award recognizes the best doctoral dissertation(s) in Computer Science and Engineering from a degree-awarding institution based in India for each academic year. The ACM India Doctoral Dissertation Award is accompanied by a prize of ₹2,00,000. An honorable mention award, if any, is accompanied by a prize of ₹1,00,000. The dissertation(s) will be published in the ACM Digital Library. Tata Consultancy Services Limited (TCS) is the founding sponsor of the ACM India Doctoral Dissertation Award. Please see the ACM India Doctoral Dissertation Award page for additional information and current and past winners and to nominate.
ACM India recognizes excellence in Student Chapters. The prizes are sponsored by icertis. Participating chapters are judged in six categories, with a ₹20,000 prize awarded to each winner, except for Overall Chapter, which is ₹50,000:
- Outstanding Website
- Outstanding Activities
- Outstanding Community Service
- Outstanding Recruitment Program
- Emerging Chapter
- Outstanding Chapter Overall
Best Student Chapter Awards for 2021
ACM India is pleased to announce the winners of the 2021 ACM India Student Chapter Awards.
We invited nominations from ACM Student Chapters from India, for the best and runner-up ACM India Student Chapter Award. A total of 34 Student Chapters applied. Fourteen were shortlisted and three made it to the coveted list of Best Chapters.
Honorable Mention: Chitkara University
We thank all Student Chapters for their hugely enthusiastic participation!