ACM India Teaching Partnership Program (TPP) (formerly known as Expert Teacher Program)
The Teaching Partnership Program (TPP) is a new initiative of the ACM India Education Committee to improve and positively impact pedagogy in top colleges. Through this program, experts from premier academic institutes and industry, partner with faculty from top colleges to teach core or elective courses in the college during their regular course offering
Experts work with the local faculty to give lectures and to offer suggestions on content, delivery and resources during the offering of the course through the semester. Based on the requests, ACM India chooses the experts and colleges, and manages the expenses.
In the semester starting in July/August 2021, some of the experts and colleges who have agreed to participate in the program are:
- Prof. R. Ramanujam, IMSc Chennai with CSE department of SSN College of Engineering, Chennai, on Cryptographic Techniques
- Prof. Viraj Kumar in MSc (TCS) program of PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore, on Theory of Computing
- Prof. Meenakshi D'Souza, IIIT Bangalore with the CSE department of MITPUW, Pune, on Discrete Mathematics
- Prof. Venkatesh Raman, IMSc Chennai in MSc (data science) program of Thiagaraja College of Engineering, Madurai on Advanced Data Structures
- Prof. Hemangee Kapoor, IIT Gauhati in MSc (data science) program of Thiagaraja College of Engineering, Madurai on Computer Organization
- Dr. R. Venkateswaran, Persistent Systems in MTech (CSE) program of Amrita School of Engineering, on Advanced Computer Networks
Experts from premier institutions and industry wanting to participate in the program can write to Prof. Venkatesh Raman at email@example.com.