ACM India - TCS Research Joint Webinar Series.
TCS Research in collaboration with ACM India, presents to you a series of webinars that brings together renowned people from industry and academia who talk about trending and relevant themes within the tech community. These webinars are planned to occur quarterly and are open to all.
- ACMI - TCSR joint webinar on "GENERATIVE AI – State of the Art and Looking Ahead" on 26 July 2023. The webinar included a talk on "Negotiating the Dark Side of Large Language Models: Bias, Jailbreaks and Beyond” by Dr.Monojit Choudhury, Microsoft Research. This was followed by a fireside chat on " Is Generative AI ready for Industry?" comprising Prof. Sunita Sarawagi, IIT Bombay, Prof. C. V. Jawahar, IIIT Hyderabad, Dr. Rahul Ghosh, Senior Director – Data Science, US Omni Tech Walmart- India Development Center, Sankaranarayanan Viswanathan – Industry Advisor, CTO, TCS and V. Ramanathan - Chief Technology Officer, BFSI, TCS. The fireside Chat was moderated by Lipika Dey, Chief Scientist of TCS Research.
- ACMI - TCSR joint webinar on "Energy Internet" on 21 March 2023. The webinar included a talk on 'The Software- and AI-Driven Future of Renewables" by Shivkumar Kalyanaraman, CTO, Energy & Mobility, Microsoft India. This was followed by a fireside chat on "How to Wire the Energy Internet" comprising Dr. Anupama Kowli, Associate Professor, Dept. of Electrical Engineering, IIT – Bombay, Dr. Sankaran Rajagopal, Director, Energy Market Management Business Solutions at Siemens Grid Software, USA Dr. Prashant Navalkar, Founding Director, Power Anser Labs Dr. Kannan Tinnium, Senior Vice President, Power Solutions Business - R&D, Luminous Power Technologies along with Shivkumar Kalyanaraman. The fireside Chat was moderated by Venkatesh Sarangan, Chief Scientist of TCS Research.
- ACMI - TCSR joint webinar on "HPC and AI: Two sides of the Same Coin" on 23 January 2023. The webinar included a talk on '"Accelerating AI for Science With a Reconfigurable Dataflow Architecture" by Raghu Prabhakar, Senior Principal Engineer, Sambanova Systems. This was followed by a fireside chat on "AI and HPC: How Far They Can Take Us Together" comprising Yogesh Simmhan(Indian Institute of Science), Sparsh Mittal (IIT Roorkee) and Preeti Malakar (IIT Kanpur) along with Raghu Prabhakar. The fireside Chat was moderated by Rekha Singhal of TCS Research.
- ACMI - ACM iSIGCSE - TCSR joint webinar on "Unlocking the Quantum Advantage " on 29 September 2022. The webinar included a talk on '"What Can We Do With a Quantum Computer?" by Prof. Andris Ambainis from the University of Latvia. This was followed by a fireside chat on "What to Expect When You are Expecting Quantum Advantage" comprising Dr. Anil Prabhakar (Professor, IIT Madras), Dr. Aditi Sen De, (Professor, Harish Chandra Research Institute), Dr. Rajamani Vijayaraghavan (Associate Professor, TIFR), and Dr. Shivaji Sondhi (Oxford University) along with moderator Manoj Nambiar (Chief Scientist, TCS Research).
- ACMI and TCSR joint webinar on "Careers & Opportunities in Computing Research" in the Fireside Chat format on 28 June 2022. This was moderated by Dr. Gautam Schroff from TCS Research. The panel comprised Prof. Jeff Ullman from Stanford University, USA, Dr. Ranjita Bhagwan, Microsoft research India, Prof. Supratik Chakraborty, IIT Bombay and Dr. Swaran Lata, Retd. Scientist 'G' & Head, TDIL Program, MeiTy, GoI.
- ACMI - ACM iSIGCSE - TCSR joint webinar on "Computational Intelligence at Edge" on 30 March 2022. The webinar includes a talk on 'Collaborative Machine Intelligence: Orchestrating Low Power Edge Analytics and Sense-Making' by Dr. Archan Misra, Professor at Singapore Management University. This was followed by a fireside chat on 'Application Trends and Technology Challenges for Computational Intelligence at Edge' comprising Dr. Archan, Dr. Venkat Padmanabhan, Deputy Managing Director, Microsoft Research India, Dr. Rijurekha Sen, Professor, IIT Delhi, and Dr. Balamurlidhar P, Chief Scientist, TCS Research
- ACMI -TCSR Joint Webinar on "Is Explainable AI really Explainable?" on 16th December 2021. The webinar includes a talk on the topic 'Two Understability Axioms for ML with Humans-in-the-Loop' and a fireside chat on 'The Role of Domain Knowledge in Modern Understandable AI.' Join Ashwin Srinivasan, Professor, BITS Goa, Srikanta Bedathur, Professor, IIT Delhi, Tanuja Ganu, Microsoft Research, and TCS Research Scientists as they deep dive into this topic.