About the PhD Clinic
The PhD Clinic, launched in September 2020 by the ACM India Council, facilitates CS PhD students from all over the country to obtain inputs and advice from expert mentors located in premier academic institutions and industry. Currently, about 25+ faculty from top-tier institutions and industry, including IISc, IITs, IIITs, CMI, IMSc, Microsoft Research and JNU have joined as mentors. Mentors spend a few hours each month talking to students and giving concrete and constructive suggestions on their work. Each clinic session is a one-on-one engagement, and a student gets to choose a mentor who works in his/her area from the available list of mentors.
If interested in any topic in computing, register here to participate in the clinic. Here is a deck of slides giving more details of the Clinic. For any questions, please write to email@example.com.
Interested in joining the community?
Testimonials by students who attended the PhD Clinic:
"I am really thankful to PhDClinic to give me this opportunity to discuss with such an icon."
—PhD Student, SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai
"The way she answered the questions was so good! She shared personal experiences as well and that made me connect to her."
—PhD Student, Netaji Subhas University of Technology (NSUT), Delhi
"He guided me in such a nice way about how to find a research topic, what areas can be there and how I should align my research in a proper manner."
—PhD Student, Rajasthan Technical University (RTU), Kota–Rajasthan
- Dr. Sunpreet Arora, Visa - Biometrics, Machine Learning, Systems Security
- Dr. Siddhartha Asthana, MasterCard - Human Computer Interaction/ML
- Dr. Arun Babu - ARTPARK/IISc - Software Engineering, Cybersecurity
- Prof. Abhijnan Chakraborty - IIT Delhi - Fairness in Machine Learning, Social Networks
- Prof. Ayon Chakraborty - IIT Madras - Wireless Networks, Mobile Computing, IoT
- Prof. Sandip Chakraborty, IIT Kharagpur - Blockchain
- Dr. Nishanth Chandran, Microsoft India - Cryptography, Applied Cryptography, and Security
- Prof. Sumit Darak, IIIT Delhi - Wireless Network Design/Wireless Communication
- Prof. Deepak D’Souza, IISc - Formal Verification and Program Analysis
- Chaya Ganesh, IISc - Cryptography and Security
- Prof. Dheryta Jaisinghani, University of Northern Iowa - IoT
- Prof. Pankaj Jalote, IIIT Delhi - Software Engineering, Open Source Software
- Prof. Omprakash Kaiwartya, Nottingham Trent University, UK - Networks - Vehicular Adhoc, Drone-enabled, Next-generation Wireless
- Prof. Kalpesh Kapoor, IIT Guwahati - Combinatorics, Software Engineering
- Prof. Ponnurangam Kumaraguru "PK", IIIT Delhi - Social Networks/Cybersecurity
- Dr. Hemank Lamba, Carnegie Mellon University, USA - Computational Social Science/Data Science for Social Good
- Prof. Radhika Mamadi, IIIT Hyderabad - Computational Linguistics
- Prof. Bivas Mitra, IIT Kharagpur - Affective Computing
- Prof. Mainack Mondal, IIT Kharagpur - Social Networks/Cybersecurity/Usable Privacy and Security
- Prof. Prerana Mukherjee, Jawaharlal Nehru University - Computer Vision
- Prof. Madhavan Mukund, Chennai Mathematical Institute - Formal verification/Machine Learning
- Prof. Krishna Nandivada, IIT Madras - Compilers, Program Analysis
- Prof. Ranjani Parthasarathi - Anna University - SDN in Mobile/5G, IoT Protocols and Security
- Prof. Venkatesh Raman, Institute of Mathematical Sciences - Algorithms, Data Structures
- Prof. R Ramanujam, Institute of Mathematical Sciences - Security Theory/Game Theory/Theory of Computation
- Prof. Chester Rebeiro, IIT Madras - Computer Security/Malware Analysis/Network Security
- Dr. Niharika Sachdeva, InfoEdge - Information Retrieval
- Dr. Anush Sankaran, Deeplite, Inc., Canada - Machine Learning, Biometrics
- Prof. Saket Saurabh, Institute of Mathematical Sciences - Graph Algorithms and Graph Theory
- Dr. Sougata Sen, Northwestern University, USA - IoT, Mobile and Wearable Health (mHealth), Ubiquitous Computing
- Prof. Tavpritesh Sethi, IIIT Delhi - Healthcare/AI/ML in Health
- Prof. Rajiv Ratn Shah, IIIT Delhi - Multimedia and Multimodal Analysis (text, image, video)
- Prof. Jainendra Shukla, IIIT Delhi - Affective Computing
- Prof. Nishant Sinha, OffNote Labs - Deep Learning, Constraint Solving/Optimization, Programming Languages
- Prof. Venkatesh Vinayakarao, Chennai Mathematical Institute - Information Retrieval
11-12 February 2021: 15th Academic Research and Careers for Students Symposium (ARCS)
23 December 2020: To Do Not or Not To Do PhD with Ms. Nupur Aggarwal, Research Engineer, IBM Research; Prof. Jayant Haritsa, Professor, IISc, ACM India President; Dr. Shourya Roy, Senior Research Director, Flipkart and Vice Chair, ACM IKDD; Ms. Nitendra Rajput, VP & Head, AI Garage, Mastercard. Flier | Full Video
17 November 2020: Ask-Me-Anything with Dr. Manish Gupta, Director, Google Research India; Dr. Gargi Banerjee Dasgupta, Director, IBM Research India; Dr. Venkat Padmanabhan, Deputy Managing Director, Microsoft Research India. Flier | Full Video