ACM India Eminent Speaker Program
The ACM India Eminent Speaker Program (ESP) provides local ACM Professional and Student chapters in India with direct access to top technology leaders and innovators who will give talks on issues that are important to the computing community.
- Aditya Abhyankar, Dean, University of Pune
Talk 1: Research—Why, How and When?
Talk 2: Towards Kernel Development in Machine Learning
Talk 3: Wavelets—Trends and Tides
- Suparna Bhattacharya, Distinguished Technologist, Hewlett-Packard Enterprise
Talk 1: Bridging Lilliput and Brobdingnag—How the Linux kernel has sustained diversity without giving up on efficiency
Talk 2: Software Bloat, Lost Throughput and Wasted Joules
Talk 3: Shaping software for the persistent memory era and other research problems at the NVM frontline
Talk 4: Big data analytics: When will system software catch up?
- Sridhar Chimalakonda, Assistant Professor, IIT Tirupati
Talk 1: What Is Software Engineering Anyway? Reflections on 50 Years of Software Engineering and the Road Ahead!
Talk 2: The Lasting Contributions of Computing—Past, Present and Future
Talk 3: On Computing Education for 1.3 Billion Learners—Quality, Scale and Variety
- Monish Darda, Co-founder and Chief Technology Officer, Icertis
Talk 1: The Ethics of AI: Musk versus Bezos
- Ajay Deshpande, Vice President, Engineering, Zimbra Technologies Pvt Ltd (A Synacor Company)
Talk 1: SMAC Technologies and the Future
Talk 2: The Evolution of Modern Web Applications
- Rahul Johari, Assistant Professor, Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi
Talk 1: Unblocking the Blocks in Blockchain Technology: Concept and Simulation, Using MHRD-IIT BlockChain Virtual Lab
Talk 2: STEM: Secure Transmission of Encrypted Message in IoT
Talk 3: MiCEF (Mist, IOT, Cloud, Edge and Fog) Computing: With Hands-on Simulation Using CloudSim Simulator
Talk 4: BLAST: BLockchain Algorithm for Secure Transaction: With Hands-on Simulation Using Java Programming Language on ECLIPSE IDE
Talk 5: Routing in SHIP Network with Hands-on Simulation Using Java-based ONE Simulator
- Sachindra Joshi, Senior Technical Staff Member and Manager, IBM Research - India
Talk 1: Bridging the Gap: Industrial Dialog Framework vs Deep Learning-based Dialog Systems
Talk 2: Chat Is the New UI: Building Conversational Systems
Talk 3: AI for Customer Care
- Navin Kabra, CTO, ReliScore.com
Talk 1: Which Programming Language Should You Learn and Why
Talk 2: MS, MBA, or Job: Planning Your Career
Talk 3: The Difference between Student Programmers and Professional Programmers
- Pandurang Kamat, CTO, Research and Innovation, Persistent Systems Ltd.
Talk 1: Self-Sovereign Identity—The Future of Identity and Credentialing
Talk 2: “Can’t be Evil”—Building the Decentralized Web
- Neeran M. Karnik, Principal Architect, Tarana Wireless
Talk 1: Hints for Computer System Design
Talk 2: CricInfo—A Tech History
Talk 3: Cloud-Native Computing
- Ravi Kothari, Chief Data Scientist, Icertis
Talk 1: Generative Models
Talk 2: Graph Neural Networks
- Ponnurangam Kumaraguru ("PK"), Professor, IIIT Delhi
Talk 1: Data Science for Social Good
Talk 2: Privacy and Security in Online Social Media (PSOSM)
Talk 3: Social Computing for Medicine
- Sachin Lodha, Principal Scientist, TCS
Talk 1: Fun with Algorithms
Talk 2: Privacy—Challenges and Opportunities
- Meena Mahajan, Professor, Institute of Mathematical Sciences, HBNI, Chennai
Talk 1: Compute, Compute, Compute—How Hard Can It Get?
Talk 2: Matchings in Graphs: What, Why, How ...
Talk 3: Depth-2 Threshold Circuits
Talk 4: The Power of Negations in Boolean Circuits
- Madhavan Mukund, Professor and Dean of Studies, Chennai Mathematical Institute
Talk 1: Automata and Program Verification
Talk 2: Concurrent Programming: Old Problems, New Challenges
- Prashant R. Nair, Associate Professor, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham University
Talk 1: How to Prepare for International Collegiate Programming Contest (ICPC)?
Talk 2: How to Win a Hackathon?
Talk 3: Building Blocks of AI, ML & Data Science
Talk 4: Internet of Everything (IoE): Rise of the Machines
Talk 5: 5G & Beyond
- Mukta Paliwal, Technical Expert (Data Science), Persistent Systems
Talk 1: AI/ML Trends from Industry
Talk 2: Supervised/Unsupervised Machine Learning Algorithms Using Python or R
Talk 3: Analytics in Industry: Few Insights on Role of Analytics in Smart City Development
- R. Ramanujam, Professor, Institute of Mathematical Sciences, Chennai
Talk 1: Why should we learn logic, and why should we learn logic?
Talk 2: Game theory for the internet age
Talk 3: Does she know that I know that she does not know P?
- Y. Raghu Babu Reddy, Associate Professor, IIIT Hyderabad
Talk 1: Are You a Software Engineer? Or Is It Just Your Designation?
Talk 2: Model Driven Development with UML 2.x: Challenges and Opportunities
Talk 3: Success Factors for Websites: Usability and Credibility
- Kaarthik Sivakumar, Principal Engineer, Cisco
Talk 1: Security and Trust
- R. Venkateswaran, Senior Vice President, Persistent Systems Ltd., Pune
Talk 1: Evolution of Internet: The Past, Present and Future
Talk 2: Technology Trends – A Perspective
Talk 3: How to Write a Good Research Paper
- Abhijat Vichare, Consultant
Talk 1: An Introduction to GCC Internals
Talk 2: Alternate Models of Computation
Talk 3: A Novel Way to Teach Operating Systems
Talk 4: Mathematical Modeling in Computer Science
The list of India-based speakers who are part of ACM's Distinguished Speaker Program is available on the DSP site. ACM India chapters, conferences, academic institutions and industry organizations may also invite them directly using the DSP invitation criteria and workflow by following the individual speaker's link accessible from there.